The Celta Malaga Commitee 2023/24
President – Liam Riordon
Chairperson – John Campbell
Secretary(s) – Cathal de Lacy, Cian McManamon
Treasurer – Éamon Doyle
Public Relations Officer (incl. Events and Social Media) – Adriana F. Leyton
Club Design Manager – Christopher Gaynor
Video and Photography – Edina Gallisz
Coaching and Development – Fergus MacNamara
Safety and Player Welfare Officer(s) – Cristian Sebastian
Scartascini, Miles McKinley
Scartascini, Miles McKinley
“Our mission is to promote and develop Gaelic games in Spain, fostering a vibrant and inclusive GAA community. We strive to introduce and popularize the sports of Gaelic football and ladies’ football throughout the country.
Our aim is to create a welcoming and supportive environment where individuals of all backgrounds and abilities can come together to learn, play, and enjoy the unique Gaelic games. We are dedicated to providing quality coaching, training, and resources to facilitate the growth and skill development of our members.
As a club, we embrace the values of the GAA, including respect, teamwork, sportsmanship, and community. We believe in the power of sport to build character, promote a healthy lifestyle, and create strong bonds among our players. Through the GAA games, we aim to foster personal growth, cultural appreciation, and a sense of belonging among our members.
We actively engage with the local Spanish community, promoting the GAA as a vehicle for cultural exchange, social integration, and friendship. We seek to establish partnerships and collaborations that enable us to contribute positively to the Spanish community and raise awareness of our unique sports.
Furthermore, we are committed to upholding the highest standards of fairness, integrity, and inclusivity. We embrace diversity and strive to ensure that our club is open and accessible to individuals from all walks of life, irrespective of age, gender, nationality, or background.
By promoting Gaelic games in Spain and embodying the values of the GAA, we aspire to be a leading GAA club that brings joy, unity, and a sense of Irish culture to our members, supporters, and the wider Spanish community.”
1. Inclusivity: Embrace and welcome individuals of all backgrounds, nationalities, and abilities. Create a club environment that promotes diversity, equality, and respect for all members.
2. Community: Actively engage with the local Spanish community, building strong relationships and contributing positively to the community through outreach programs, events, and collaborations.
3. Respect: Foster a culture of respect among players, coaches, officials, and supporters. Encourage fair play, sportsmanship, and adherence to the rules and principles of the GAA games.
4. Teamwork: Promote the importance of teamwork and collaboration both on and off the field. Develop a supportive and inclusive club atmosphere where players work together towards common goals.
5. Personal Development: Provide opportunities for personal growth, skill development, and self-improvement through quality coaching, training, and mentorship programs. Foster an environment that encourages players to reach their full potential.
6. Cultural Appreciation: Celebrate and promote Irish culture and heritage through the GAA games. Embrace the unique aspects of Gaelic football, hurling, camogie, and ladies’ football, and encourage members to learn about Irish traditions.
7. Sportsmanship: Emphasize the importance of good sportsmanship, fair competition, and respect for opponents. Encourage players to demonstrate integrity, humility, and grace in victory or defeat.
8. Health and Well-being: Prioritize the physical and mental well-being of club members. Promote a healthy and active lifestyle, providing support and resources for fitness, nutrition, and overall well-being.
9. Volunteerism: Encourage and recognize the value of volunteers who contribute their time, skills, and passion to the club’s operations and activities. Foster a sense of community involvement and gratitude towards those who support the club.
10. Fun and Enjoyment: Create a positive and enjoyable environment where members can have fun, build friendships, and create lasting memories through their participation in the GAA games.